Chip pan causes fire in Derby home
Firefighters were called to a chip pan fire in the kitchen of a Derby home.
Two fire crews were called to the incident in a third floor flat in Palmerston Street at 7.25pm last night.
A chip pan had been left unattended and the occupiers were alerted to the fire by their smoke alarms.
The fire service extinguished the fire and ventilated the property, which had smoke damage to the ceiling.
A Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said the service would like to remind people when using chip pans to not leave them unattended and ensure that they have working smoke alarms which are tested on a regular basis.