Chip pan warning after house blaze in Derby
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a chip pan fire in the kitchen of a Derby home.
Two fire crews were called to the incident in a third floor flat in Palmerston Street at 7.25pm on Saturday. The occupiers were alerted to the fire by their smoke alarms.
The fire service extinguished the blaze and ventilated the property, which had smoke damage to the ceiling.
A Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said people should not leave chip pans unattended when they are in use and that smoke alarms should be tested on a regular basis.