Two Derby restaurants fight it out to be crowned the best in county
TWO city restaurants are fighting it out to be crowned the best in Derbyshire for dishing up cuisine from other countries.
Anoki (Indian) and Thaiboran (Thai) make up two of three finalists in the best international restaurant section of the Derbyshire Food and Drink awards.
They face competition from Zayka – an Indian restaurant in Whaley Bridge.
The trio are among 50 finalists spread across 12 categories. The winners will be announced at a glitzy awards night at Chatsworth House on Monday, January 14, hosted by TV chef Simon Rimmer.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
The awards are run by Derbyshire County Council and are held to recognise the best local catering businesses.
A panel of expert judges from within the catering industry decide the winners after making undercover visits to the various venues.
County councillor Kevin Parkinson, cabinet member for regeneration, said the standard of finalists was high.
He said: "We're lucky to have some fabulous talent in the food and drink industry in Derbyshire and our awards celebrate the county's many excellent restaurants, pubs, cafes and bistros.
"Our judges had a difficult time shortlisting and those named as winners will be very deserving of their awards."
It will be the first time the Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards dinner will have been be held at Chatsworth.
The Duke of Devonshire, who owns Chatsworth, said: "We are delighted the Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards will be held at Chatsworth. Derbyshire has an excellent culinary heritage and I wish all the nominees the best of luck."
Venues are judged on a number of criteria including the quality of food and drink, customer service and use of county produce and acknowledgement of it on menus.
Gary Brockway, director and hospitality specialist at HSKS Greenhalgh, which sponsors the event, said: "The standard of entries into the awards is always of the highest order and we wish all those on the shortlist the very best of luck."
FINALISTS NAMED FOR AWARDS RECOGNISING CRÈME DE LA CRÈME OF COUNTY’S EATERIES
Fifty of the county’s finest eateries have been named as finalists in the prestigious Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards.
The Derbyshire County Council-run awards celebrate the county’s best catering businesses serving locally sourced food on their menus.
Winners will be crowned during a ceremony hosted by TV chef Simon Rimmer at Chatsworth on Monday, January 14 – with 50 local businesses shortlisted across 12 categories.
Councillor Kevin Parkinson, Derbyshire County Council Cabinet Member for Regeneration, said: “We’re lucky to have some fabulous talent in the food and drink industry in Derbyshire and our awards celebrate the county’s many excellent restaurants, pubs, cafes and bistros. Our judges had a very difficult time shortlisting and those named as winners in our ceremony at Chatsworth will be very deserving of their awards.”
It is the first time the Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards dinner will be held at Chatsworth.
The Duke of Devonshire, who owns Chatsworth, said: “We are delighted the Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards will be held at Chatsworth. Derbyshire has an excellent culinary heritage, and I wish all the nominees the best of luck.”
Venues are judged on a number of criteria including the quality of food and drink, customer service, and use of county produce and acknowledgement of it on menus.
HSKS Greenhalgh Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors are the title sponsors of the Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards for the third year running.
Gary Brockway, director and hospitality specialist at HSKS Greenhalgh, said: “The standard of entries into the Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards is always of the highest order and we wish all those on the shortlist the very best of luck.”
Winners will be announced in each of the 12 awards categories on the night.
Shortlisted entries are:
* Local producer of the Year
• Hartington Creamery, Pikehall
• Moss Valley Fine Meats, Norton
• Robin Maycock Family Butchers and Bakers, Holloway
• New Close Farm, Bakewell
* Local Food Hero 2012
• John Jaquest, Jaquest Food Specialists, Bolsover
• Steve Croots, Croots Farm Shop, Duffield
• Damian Dugdale, Peak Edge Hotel, Stonedge
• Chris Norfolk, Elm Tree, Elmton
* Restaurant of the Year
• The George Hotel, Hathersage
• Dovecote Restaurant, Morley Hayes, Morley
• Horsley Lodge, Horsley
• Mileburne, Melbourne
* Gastro Pub of the Year
• Rowley’s Restaurant and Bar, Baslow
• The Chequers Inn, Froggatt
• The Devonshire Arms, Beeley
• Red Lion Bar and Bistro, Peak Edge Hotel, Stonedge
* Traditional Pub of the Year
• Packhorse Inn, Little Longstone
• The Spotted Cow, Holbrook
• The Elm Tree, Elmton
• The Lathkil Hotel, Over Haddon
• Royal Oak, Hurdlow
* Best International Restaurant
• Zayka, Whaley Bridge
• Anoki Indian, Derby
• Thaiboran, Derby
* Tea Room/Coffee House of the Year
• The Chocolate Shop, Tansley
• Village Green, Eyam
• Aisseford Tea Room, Ashford-in-the-Water
• Woodlands Tea Room, Charlesworth
* Café of the Year
• Koo Coffee and Deli, Chesterfield
• Fresh Ground, Belper
• Bramhalls Deli Café, Ashbourne
• Blue Apple Gallery, Hope
• St John Street Gallery and Café, Ashbourne
* Best Derbyshire Breakfast
• The Yonderman Café, Wardlow
• Blue Bistro and Coffee House, Chesterfield
• The Old Smithy Tea Rooms, Monyash
• Fresh Basil, Belper
• Naughty But Nice, Bakewell
* Best Family Friendly Venue
• Va Bene, Glossop
• Foresters Bar and Restaurant, Two Dales
• Mainsail Restaurant, Carsington Water
• Calke Abbey, Calke
* Best Healthy Eating Venue
• Zizzi Restaurant, Derby
• Thyme to Eat, Chesterfield
• Fairways Garden Centre, Ashbourne
• CUBE Café, Derby
* Best Newcomer
• Three Roofs Café, Castleton
• Edensor Tea Cottage, Edensor
• Hackwood Farm, Radbourne
• The Dragon, Willington