Watch where you dry your clothes, Derbyshire firefighter warns
A FIREFIGHTER has issued a warning after a spate of clothing fires caused by light bulbs.
Tutbury station manager Jim Bywater said crews were called to a fire on Valentine's Day after a pair of trousers were left to dry over a lamp – the third such incident in recent weeks.
He said: "It isn't something people would necessarily think to check – 'are my trousers touching a light bulb?' However, it is something that can start a fire We'd like to remind people to please be careful when they are drying clothing in the home."